Enquiries: Geoff Wellington email@example.com 0400 831 445.
- Living our Faith (LOF): Introduction to Worship in the UCA, Sat, 1 April 2017 9:30 am – 5 pm Centre for Ministry 16 Masons Drive, North Parramatta Cost:$80 per person (includes: course materials, and a catered morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea). Registrations Close: 21 March. Register here
- Introduction to Presiding at Weddings Tue., 4 April – Thur. 6 April 2017 Start 9:30 am / Finish 5 pm Venue: Centre for Ministry 16 Masons Drive, North Parramatta Cost: $300 per person (includes: course materials, and a catered morning tea, lunch, and afternoon tea). Registrations Close: 22 March. Register here
- LOF: Exploring the Old Testament Dates: Part One: 22-23 April 2017 and Part Two: 29-30 April 2017 Times: Start: 9 am / Finish: 5:30 pm (each day) Venue: Centre for Ministry 16 Masons Drive, North Parramatta Cost: $350 per person (includes: course materials, text book and a catered morning tea, lunch, and afternoon tea on each day). Registrations Close: 11 April. Register here
- Ethical Ministry Half-day Refresher Topic: Bullying Date: Tuesday, 2 May 2017 Times: 9 am for a 9:30 am Start 1 pm Close Venue: Centre for Ministry 16 Masons Drive, North Parramatta Cost: Free of Charge A simple morning tea will be provided. Registrations Close: 18 April. Register here
- Safe Church Workshop 25 March BEGA Uniting Church – FOR Elders/Church Council, pastoral leaders, Ministers/Pastors, as well as Children and Youth program leaders and helpers, including SRE/Scripture in schools. There will be a full awareness workshop (9.30am-3.30pm) and a refresher workshop (9.30am-1pm – for those who have already completed the full workshop 3 years ago) in the same group. DOWNLOAD attached flyer. REGISTER HERE: http://ume.nsw.uca.org.au/upcoming-courses/scta-workshop-registrations/
- BRISBANE 29-31 March 2017 Fundamentals of Transitional Ministry (FTM). Earlybird payment before 13 February. Brochure available here Online registration here
Have a look at FAITH FORMATION where Geoff provides a starting point for resources in exploring faith.
UNITING VENUES DEAL Should a group from your congregation wish to attend a Sydney conference, workshop etc requiring overnight accommodation, then take advantage of an offer from Uniting Venues – one $100 voucher per congregation to be used during 2017. To obtain your voucher for this or another purpose, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. UNITING VENUES RATES.
Lifelong Learning for All God’s People
Geoff Wellington, as Presbytery Minister (Education and Mission) plans and promotes opportunities for continuing education for ministry in this Presbytery and in relation with NSW/ACT Synod’s Uniting Learning Network (ULN).
ULN Lifelong Learning for All God’s People – PROSPECTUS 2017 is downloadable here. Keep learning – In your time – At your place – At your pace.
This 48 page document – distributed to Uniting Church congregations, agencies and schools across NSW and ACT in late November and early December 2016 – includes information on: workshops, seminars and conferences throughout NSW and ACT, alongside courses and subjects offered through UTC and the wider CSU School of Theology.
Just some of the courses and opportunities featured in the Prospectus include: retreats, one-day training workshops, lay education courses, professional development opportunities, along with UTC’s courses offered through Charles Sturt University’s Bachelor of Theology, Graduate Diploma of Theology, Master of Theology, Master of Ministry, Doctor of Ministry, and PhD programs. Inside you’ll also find information about the resources available through Camden Theological Library – on site, at North Parramatta – and online.
Continuing Education for ministry is for a huge range of callings, for people in ministry positions, for people working in voluntary roles, for people who are ordained, for people who are not ordained”.
Please contact Geoff Wellington on 02 6248 9311 or mobile 0400 831 445 or presbyterymande[at]tpg.com.au to learn more.
Below are Colleges and Centres providing further opportunity.
United Theological College, a campus of Charles Sturt University, is the training centre for the Synod of NSW and ACT, based at the Centre for Ministry, 16 Masons Drive, North Parramatta.
Postgraduate courses offered include Graduate Diploma of Ministry, Graduate Diploma of Public and Contextual Theology, Graduate Diploma of Theology, Master of Arts (Public and Contextual Theology), Master of Ministry, Master of Theology, Master of Theology (Honours), Doctor of Ministry, Doctor of Philosophy, Hannam University Degrees.
St Mark’s National Theological Centre, a campus of Charles Sturt University, offers a range of undergraduate, post graduate and vocational courses.
Postgraduate qualifications offered are: Graduate Certificate in Ageing and Pastoral Studies, Graduate Certificate in Pastoral Counselling Skills, Graduate Certificate in Public and Contextual Theology, Graduate Certificate in Religious and Values Education, Graduate Diploma of Ageing and Pastoral Studies, Graduate Diploma of Pastoral Counselling, Graduate Diploma of Public and Contextual Theology, Graduate Diploma of Theology, Master of Arts (Ageing and Pastoral Studies), Master of Arts (Pastoral Counselling), Master of Arts (Public and Contextual Theology), Master of Ministry, Master of Theology, Master of Theology (Honours), Doctor of Ministry, Doctor of Philosophy.
Registered Training Organisation qualifications offered at St Mark’s are: Diploma of Christian Counselling; Graduate Diploma of Relationship Counselling; Graduate Certificate in Professional Supervision (Clinical or Pastoral streams); Diploma of Christian Ministry and Theology; Advanced Diploma of Christian Ministry and Theology.
Website is http://www.stmarks.edu.au
The Centre for Theology and Ministry, based in Parkville, Melbourne, is the training centre for the Synod of Victoria/Tasmania.
Uniting College for Leadership & Theology is the Uniting Church’s centre for discipleship and ministry training in South Australia. Through the Adelaide College of Divinity is able to offer a suite of courses including VET accredited Certificate and Diploma courses, Bachelor of Ministry and Post Graduate courses, plus Flinders University Theology courses.
The Assembly’s Ministerial Education Commission has produced “Seeking A Heart of Wisdom“, a document outlining an invitation to lifelong learning, suggesting three broad areas:
1. Academic theological study (e.g. Biblical studies, systematic theology, missiology, church history, culture and society)
2. Ministry practice and skills (e.g. preaching, community development, leadership development, pastoral care, justice, education methods)
3. Spiritual Growth and Formation (e.g. training in spiritual direction, attendance of spiritual retreats)
Continuing education may be in the form of formal academic study at Theological College campus, distance or online learning, conferences, and independent reading.
People in placement are provided with 14 days of study leave per calendar year (including Saturdays and Sundays but excluding public holidays), allocated on a pro rata basis, to provide opportunity for continuing education for ministry. Approval of Church Council is required for those in congregational placements. The congregation pays normal remuneration while the minister is on leave. Leave can be accumulated for no more than 5 years. All study leave accumulated for three or more years (42 days or more) should be approved by Church Council and Presbytery Pastoral Relations Committee.