Congregations can apply for a grant by going to uniting.grantplatform.com . For more information contact Briony Griffiths, (Church Engagement Leader, Canberra Region) T: 0427 038 180 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close end of May 2018.
Click here to go to the grant portal and apply
Uniting Grant program: As part of the Uniting commitment to supporting Presbyteries and Congregations and other Community Organisations in the Uniting Church’s mission, Uniting sets aside a percentage of its operational budget for mission initiatives that will make a difference to people experiencing social disadvantage in the community.
Uniting is currently recruiting for their eight voluntary Councils that span across NSW and the ACT.
Operating in a community engagement capacity with Uniting, the Uniting Councils have a broad reach. Each Council develops its own programs and activities, relating closely to their local needs, and they aim to involve, engage, develop and have an impact. The Councils are an important contributor to the ‘Uniting for the common good’ strategy of the Uniting Church NSW/ACT Synod.
In 2017, a new Canberra Region Uniting Council will be established, looking for people who:
- Are Uniting Church members, passionate about strengthening the relationship among congregations, presbyteries, Uniting and the community
- Have a strong interest in and connections with the local community
- Hold a vision for service provision that is grounded in the compassion and justice of the Christian message
- Have an appreciation and understanding of cultural differences within the community
- Have a willingness to be involved in activities
- Have a passion to make a difference
If this sounds like you, the Council would love to hear from you.
Please call Briony Griffiths, Church and Community Engagement Consultant (Uniting) Mb: 0427038180 or visit https://uniting.org/about-uniting/our-people/uniting-councils