Uniting is currently recruiting for their eight voluntary Councils that span across NSW and the ACT.
Operating in a community engagement capacity with Uniting, the Uniting Councils have a broad reach. Each Council develops its own programs and activities, relating closely to their local needs, and they aim to involve, engage, develop and have an impact. The Councils are an important contributor to the ‘Uniting for the common good’ strategy of the Uniting Church NSW/ACT Synod.
In 2017, a new Canberra Region Uniting Council will be established, looking for people who:
- Are Uniting Church members, passionate about strengthening the relationship among congregations, presbyteries, Uniting and the community
- Have a strong interest in and connections with the local community
- Hold a vision for service provision that is grounded in the compassion and justice of the Christian message
- Have an appreciation and understanding of cultural differences within the community
- Have a willingness to be involved in activities
- Have a passion to make a difference
If this sounds like you, the Council would love to hear from you.
Please call Briony Griffiths, Church and Community Engagement Consultant (Uniting) Mb: 0427038180 or visit https://uniting.org/about-uniting/our-people/uniting-councils